Tuesday 23 September 2014

It Started with a Sketch...

For my September CT blog post over at Hey Little Magpie I decided to create a sketch, from one of my own old favourite pages & then use this as inspiration for making 3 more pages.
I know this sketch looks minimal but that was my intention TBH to encourage me to work with my supplies.
For my first page I used the My Minds Eye Jubilee Sherbet range. The numbers & the photo frames in the die cut set were the starting point here. The flowers were hand cut & curled. All finished with a machine stitched & journaled border.
I kept pretty much to the sketch, just adding 2 extra photos to the sides.

My second page features Crate Paper Notes & Things. This time I turned the sketch on it's side.
The white cardstock got a makeover with inks mixed on my messy mat.
Lastly I flipped the sketch over bringing the detail to the bottom. Using Basic Grey Second City range I moved the photo over to the right so I could add the journalling cards & die cuts. I also cut some of the building windows out & backed them with card scraps giving the impression of lights on.
I had lots of photos from this trip so I turned this into a double page spread using an American crafts split page protector.

I used more of the Second City range for this Project Life type page giving me space for 5 more photos & lots of journalling too.
Many thanks for looking x
Sheena x

3 comments:

  1. Love theses LOs Sheena and amazing to realise that they're all base on one very versatile sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it all....and what a great sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just shows you what a great sketch can do. Fabulous layouts Sheena

    ReplyDelete