Monday 16 June 2014

A different sort of blog hop.

Last Monday I was tagged by the lovely Jessie and fellow Scrapology DT member Lynn in this ever expanding blog hop which you have probably seen springing up in Blogland.
I've really enjoyed getting to know fellow bloggers a little better & now its my turn to answer 4 creative based questions & tag others for next monday.

So here we go.
1. What am I working on?
I have a number of things on the go at the mo. Firstly my May pages for Project Life. I'm trying really hard to simplify my style so I can keep up to date & it seems to be working...fingers crossed!
I'm also doing some final class prep for a ScrapaGoGo event that I'm teaching at on 28/29th June.
I've usually got a Scrapology blog layout under construction too but we work in advance so I can't share any pics just yet.
In my other hobbies I have numerous UFO's including,a crocheted granny square blanket in production, a couple of quilt tops cut & ready to go & a half started embroidery too.
I'm also making & selling small items to help raise funds for Unit 82, Scout Jamboree Contingent to go to Japan next year, which my 2 youngest are part of, so my mind & my hands are usually busy!!
2. How does my work differ from others of it's genre?
To be honest I'm not sure that it does but I'm ok with that. I feel I don't particularly have a style but I enjoy trying new products & techniques on my pages.
I'm very lucky that I have a room to create in. I scrap standing up as I find I'm more likely to pick up & use my supplies this way!! How bad does that make me sound :D

3.Why do I write/create what I do?
I have these guys to thank xxx
I feel to a degree it's in my genes, part of who I am & the creative environment I grew up in where everything we needed was grown, cooked, baked, crafted, sewn...I can't imagine a time when I don't make something...creating makes me happy.
When it comes to scrapbooking I really enjoy the process, choosing a photo, the papers, the bits & pieces as well as recording our memories in such a way that our stories will live on long into the future.

4.How does your writing/creating process work?
I find that I am inspired my many things from photos, stories I need to scrap, paper ranges, sketches, pinterest...I just go with the flow which is what I love about crafting :)

Many thanks for sticking with it to the end.I hope that it all made sense & you now know a bit more about the 'creative' me x

For next Monday I tag Jackie x
  
Jackie, is a Lancaster lass living in Birmingham, who has been crafting since 2008.  She started attending a card making class and was introduced to scrapbook from there, and once she had found scrapbooking she never looked back.

Happy Hopping.
Sheena x

3 comments:

  1. These posts are proving to be a very good read! I can totally relate to your feeling that it's in your genes. I feel that way too

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading how people create, and what inspires them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing your insights.
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete