Wednesday 7 May 2014

Sewn with Love x

Following a weekend full of family celebrations for my Mum's 70th Birthday I can now share with you one of her gifts from us, which I made.
I'm still a novice where quilt making is  concerned. This is only the fourth I've made & is certainly the biggest one to date.I saw a pattern on Pinterest I quite liked so then came the search for the right fabric. Choosing a colour scheme for a present isn't very easy but when I found this Moda layer cake on line I felt sure my Mum would like it.
It's not perfect if you look up close but Mum was thrilled with it so I'm happy.
I'm not sure what my next sewing project will be, think I'll go back to Pinterest for inspiration x
Sheena x

8 comments:

  1. oh wow Sheena..your mum must have been thrilled, it's gorgeous x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's gorgeous....she must love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - you're so talented! You seem to be so productive - I do wonder how you fit it all in. What a lovely result, and I am sure your Mum will treasure it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's beautiful! A gift to be treasured

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sheena, your half square triangles look perfect! I am just beginning to quilt my first quilt - my mum would be proud! The colours and design on your quilt are beautiful - I'm sure your mum was thrilled with it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my word ... You cannot say your a novice, this is stunning. I'm sure your mum will be smiling at it each time she sees it, it's beautiful

    ReplyDelete