Friday 30 May 2014

Saving the best till last - April PL.

Today I am sharing with you the last inserts for my April Project Life album. I had hoped to write a blog post all about this trip but time got away from me so I thought I'd give my pages on it a post of their own.
As I'm sure you are aware my Dad was given a Scouting award in the St Georges Day Awards & Dan completed his Queen Scout award recently too. My Dad was offered tickets as an award winner to see the Queen Scout Parade at Windsor Castle & Dan was offered a place to actually Parade. This was too good an opportunity to miss so we applied for tickets & all 7 of us went.
I've given the day it's own insert so I could include more photos & journal some of the highlights.
We stood in the Quadrangle of Windsor Castle & watched over 500 Queen Scouts Parade before HRH Duke of Kent, Bear Grylls & the UK Chief Commissioner Wayne Bulpitt. They all looked so smart in full uniform.
The feeling of pride amongst the audience was audible & we gave them a huge round of applause when they marched back out of the Quadrangle.
I highlight for me was when Bear Grylls came by the crowd & I plucked up the courage to speak to him & I said "May I introduce you to my father who has received an award..." This is totally out of character for me to be so forward but he took it well, smiled, shook my Dads hand, congratulated him & then took him out of the crowd so they could pose for a photo.
We had a fabulous day made better by the weather staying dry for the Parade. I know Dan enjoyed it & would recommend it to all Queen Scout recipients. Getting to witness this day together made it all the more special for me x

I'm still recording my 100 happy days on Instagram & FB so those pics are also in my PL to look back on.

Many thanks for stopping by. I really appreciate you taking the time to visit my little corner of the world xxx
Sheena x

4 comments:

  1. What cheerful PL pages you've done. And kudos on the 100 days project too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The excitement is just jumping off the page!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely day you had, well worth a page on its own.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You really have captured the excitement and importance of the day. You can really hear how happy the day made you. It amazing

    ReplyDelete