Monday 22 April 2013

Inspired

Earlier this year I saw a post over on Shimelle's blog on different ways to use mists written by Corrie Jones.
I was totally taken with the way she used them to "draw" on cardstock that I had to have a go for myself & this is the finished result.
Dance like nobody's watching.
I limited the colour palette to tone in with this photo of our daughter. I love the effect of using the mists this way & even though I did get a little stressy during the process I would certainly have a go at doing it again.
The word Dance was cut on the silhouette with vellum using a font of my choice & melding the letters together.

8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous photo and LO. Nicking it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous technique to enhance that amazing photo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love this. The page and photo work together sooooo well. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is a gorgeous page Sheena - i love how you used the mists x brilliant photo and title too x

    ReplyDelete
  5. great layout Sheena. I love your title - i have not welded any letters together yet - I really need to learn how to do this because you "dance" is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful, I love the idea of using vellum as a title.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful...it's worked perfectly....and is brilliant with that photo.

    ReplyDelete