Tuesday 17 July 2012

Seriously, do I need another hobby ?!

Way back in the early part of the year I picked up a jelly roll & basic quilting equipment on a whim at the NEC Hobbycrafts Show! I had never quilted before but had seen lots of lovely modern looking ones at the Quilt Show last summer & was really tempted to have a go.


I got cold feet about cutting into the material but a recent visit from quilting/scrappy friend Kirsty got me started with a lap quilt. With her help I cut everything to the right size...


Now I have a quilt top measuring 6 x 4 feet ready to be quilted during the next stage. I'm not going for anything too fancy just straight-ish lines down the purple strips I think.


This will be for my daughter when it's finished but I still need to get my head around binding it first, another new skill to learn!


I'll keep you posted with it's progress :)

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

  1. Cutting is my downfall :( there has to be an easy way surely?

    Loving the look of your quilt x

    ReplyDelete
  2. that will look mighty pretty when its finished. I've been collecting quilting books for a while now and not yet started one!!

    ReplyDelete